Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Getting Out....A Lot

I feel like we have finally started to get out like "normal" people. Art class yesterday... and today I joined a gym. It is partially run by our town so it is affordable but has highly recommended childcare, an awesome outdoor pool for summer (looks like a waterpark to me), and an fenced outdoor playground (cha ching). Ava was better a being left in the childcare area, she just blended right in. I don't think Jake knew what was happening when he was left. He wasn't quite as social as Ava. When I came back to pick them up, I peered in through the window. Ava was in the middle of the mix trying to catch bubbles, Jake was circling the room pressing buttons on toys but then made his way to a gate that enclosed their play area. As soon as he saw me, he broke down in tears. I felt so bad, but I think it will be good for mommy to get to work out, to zone out for an hour or two each day and it will be good for Jake and Ava to realize that they are not permanently attached to mommy. I think the social interaction with other kids will be great too!

So hooray for getting out and living.

1 comment:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Ah, to feel normal! Isn't it great?? I have had that feeling a bit lately too. Hooray for Spring. I agree you do need that time away and so do they.