Monday, March 2, 2009

Indecision

I am a little off. My mom, who has come and stayed with us on and off since I went on bedrest, left today. Her flight wasn't delayed, very suprising. I can't quite decide how I feel about it. I miss her and miss the ability to just pop out to run an errand by myself, but living with an extra person is hard. I miss her when she is gone, but I miss just being alone with my husband and kids when she is here. I think a marriage is stressed enough by having toddler twins. I know how insensitive this sounds as their are many moms of twins that would love to have an extra pair of hands, but relationships are hard. Being with someone 24 hours a day is hard.

So I start a new segment of my life in which I become completely responsible. No more relying on grandma while I take an afternoon exercise walk. I will have to figure it out on my own. I've done it before....I guess you just get rusty as you become too comfortable with help.

This morning Craig went into work late due to the snow so we managed to get our smurfs out for a couple of minutes. Jake fell, his hands were wet and cold, and he wasn't happy. Ava seemed to be having a great old time sniffing in the cold air. Can you believe it is snowy and icy today and by the end of the week it will be 70. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

I hear you! I think it adds another dimension when family helps. It is appreciated but can be a bit difficult. I don't know if that makes sense but I get where you are coming from. Enjoy your alone time with your family. Icy one day and 70 the next sounds a bit like MI. NC definitely wins in the weather dept though. Hope everyone feels better soon.