Monday, February 9, 2009

5 Reasons I Am So Over the Top Excited We Moved to North Carolina

We moved to North Carolina about 2 1/2 years ago and although at first we missed friends and family, we have not regretted our move. These are some of the best reasons why I love North Carolina.

1. Umm the weather. It should be enough to say that it was 74 degrees yesterday. In February. While in New York it was freezing!!! North Carolina rocks. Someone was right when they said that after a couple of days of cold, you always get a nice warm up.

2. Ohhhh the stores. I grew up in Montauk, a town that was seasonal at its best (after the summer season was over, stores rarely opened). It was also a town that was far away from everything and anything (it is on the tip of Long Island, which is basically a long, narrow island. There were only things west of it). So coming to North Carolina where there is a SuperTarget, a Walmart, a food store, the hospital, the pediatrician's office, Babies r' Us all within a 10 mile radius is like heaven.

3. The parks/playgrounds. We have dozens to choose from. Like heaven

4. It is so baby/kid friendly. Around me it seems like everyone either has 3 kids or is pregnant. I think this leads to all the playgroups, gymborees, Little Me's, and other child centered activities. One of my favorite places is Birkdale Village where they have a gated in water fountain sprinkler that the kids can run through. There are too many to participate in and it warms my heart as a mom that needs to get out more.

5. I have to come back to the weather. If I didn't have anything else, this would be reasons 1-5.

North Carolina rocks. Each month that I am here it gets better and better!

1 comment:

LauraC said...

I didn't know you were in the Charlotte area! I am in Raleigh, actually Cary. LOVE North Carolina for all the same reasons you do. Perfect place to raise a family and can you believe the weather this weekend??!!