Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bedrest. The word brings back so many memories. Before I knew what it really was I would have called it heaven. Almost two years and two babies later, the memory of it being so bad is becoming fuzzy. I thought about this today after reading a post by Mames.

February 26, 2007. I remember the date with such clarity. I was put on bedrest due to severe cervical shortening. I think what made it so bad, in addition to the isolation and the toll on your body, was the fear. The fear that standing up or not lying on your left side or a bowel movement would hurt your two unborn babies. Bedrest was hard but it produced two beautiful, sun filled children. Like Mames, they were born at 35 weeks, small but perfect. No NICU, out of the hospital in three days. I was lucky. I am lucky.

I wish back then I had blogged or read blogs. It would have helped me to pass the time, to have documented my feelings from such a tumultuous time. On February 26, I will look back on that date two years ago and reflect on how far I’ve come.

1 comment:

LauraC said...

I blogged back then but I rarely wrote about bed rest on my blog. How much can you write about laying around doing nothing?! ha ha. I did read some blogs but I never found any blogs of people pregnant with multiples at the same time as me.

I'd never want to lay around for 14 weeks again! Good thing bc I never get a chance to lay around for 14 minutes now!