Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Out Solo

Yesterday I went to storytime at the library with 2 kids by myself for the first time since they were 12 months old. You might think "what's so special/hard about this?" but for me i've always gone with someone else. At the age where the kids started to walk and wanted to get away from me, I always felt that I couldn't handle them by myself in a situation where I had to let them out of the stroller. Even thinking about it sent me into a panic.

But things went better than expected. A little rough at the beginning, but they settled right in and did some sitting on my lap and some walking around. I am starting to feel capable. I am even attempting a MoM playdate tomorrow.

I remember back when the babies were 10 or 11 months old strolling through the mall in disbelief that I was in charge of these two babies and could be trusted to take care of them. Wow we have come a long way.

I know many are attempting going places stroller free letting yours walk by themselves. I am taking little steps as I am sooooo not ready for that!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Good for you. I only started going to the library a few weeks ago but I have the same apprehensions as you. Keep going it will get better.

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

YAY! I no longer go stroller free unless Jared is going somewhere with me. I will do it again in the future when they are ready. I still let them run around but it keeps them contained when needed!